pages

Marketing to Women: How to Get it Right

by Kari Day
Are you Marketing to Women the right way? If you are a woman with an online business, you are more than likely attempting to reach other women with your product, or service. As a business owner you are smart to try to reach women in the market place. We have huge buying power and control more than 80% of the spending either directly or indirectly. Unfortunately there isn’t much information out there about how to market specifically to women. Research shows that even the professional marketers and big named companies get it wrong more often than they get it right. Fortunately for you, as a small or personal business owner, you have a huge advantage in this over the big guys. Most women make a decision on buying a product based on trust, and relationship in the person they are buying from in addition to the facts about the product. You as a small business owner have the ability to reach her on a personal level that will speak her language.

3 tips to direct your marketing to women more effectively.
1.    Pay attention to how you say things. What you say and how a woman interprets what you say can be very different.  Think of the different ways you might interpret a compliment someone gave you. Depending on your relationship, the situation, and the tone, you may interpret it very differently than it was intended.
2.    Have a conversation. Don’t just give a bunch of facts. We have a lot of questions on our checklist that must be answered before we are willing to buy. Give real and honest answers, because women can spot a fake, and business with women is all about trust.
3.    Most importantly show yourself. Be personable, you don’t have to be her best friend, but you do need to be friendly. Think of it like having a conversation over coffee with an acquaintance. Women will follow other women, what they don’t follow are systems. You will have to earn the right to have her trust, and she will be more ready to trust you if you are personable with her and not all business.

Presenting yourself and your product with this in mind will go a long way to helping you reach your target audience. To learn more about women in social media, I suggest reading "Marketing to Women in Social Media ~ What do Women Want".  Also, be sure and get a free copy of my special report "7 Mistakes Moms Make Marketing their Business Online"

4 comments:

  1. The first part of the opening could also be used to describe some when when it comes to dating...sorry that is just what popped into my mind.

    Your tips are excellent and spot on.. When I had my own business, I was mostly catering to women for the brides and for the vendors...I approached them differently than I did with any men I worked with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Holly, I am glad you agree with my tips. I am sure you were very successful in your business. It seems to me you had a very good understanding of your customers needs.

    About my opening, LOL! That is so true! I could use it to describe dating! Or anything really that we keep doing the same way and expecting a different outcome, like diet and exercise, or the lack of it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great tips! I'm going to have to follow you on reader now too! :)

    Following you from MBC/FFF!

    Tami

    http://tamis-ramblings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the great tips! I am following you now from FFF at the Mom Bloggers Club, so glad to have found your blog. Hope you have a wonderful weekend coming up!

    Eloise
    Mommy2TwoGirls
    http://mommy2twogirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Think Social Media is Just a Fad? Think Again!

My Family Having Fun