pages

You Know Your Life is Too Busy as a Mom, When…

  1. After waking up late, you look in the mirror and decide that yesterday’s leftover eyeliner and mascara looks “just fine” for today.
  2. You convince yourself that “third day” hair looks freshly washed if it’s in a ponytail.
  3. You decide: “Cheerios for dinner really isn’t that bad… hey, it’s good enough for breakfast!”
  4. While showering you forget weather or not you have already shampooed your hair.
  5. After getting out of the shower you realize you have only shaved one leg.
  6. The “homemade cookies” you promised to bake for your son’s school has a distinctive “Keebler” taste.
  7. While running out the door to take your child to school you forget the baby in the house.
  8. You throw your shirt in the dryer to “iron” out the wrinkles.
  9. You go to the bathroom just to have a little alone time.
  10. Your to-do list is so long it’s indexed.
  11. After ordering drive thru for dinner, you pay for your meal, and then drive off without actually picking it up. 20 minutes later you realize you forgot.
  12. Realizing your favorite pants didn’t go through the wash, you choose to just spray them with Fabreez and go.

    If you have seen yourself in any of these, you need to get a handle on your time! Some of these came from my girlfriend, one very funny one came from her niece, and I’ll admit most of them came from things I’ve actually done. Moms are busy people. Check out my post-titled “Carving Out Time In My Day Week 1” to see how I am trying to combat this problem in my own life.
    Got any more to add to this list? I’d love to hear them!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you made me laugh....I totally have done almost all of these. I'm looking forward to reading more of you'r blog! I love the idea of your blog as well. I'm a SAHM, and my passion is helping other moms find their passion to do what the love and not just work because they have to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to "meet" you Kari! And this list was so true!!! Our job seems like it is never done.

    Thanks so much for visiting Theta Mom! I find blogging a wonderful way to connect with others that are experiencing the same things as I am and I love when my writing has inspired another! Looking forward to blogging with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog. This list is hilarious...do you live at my house too? I just posted this as my FB status...

    You know you are a mom when, you (blindly) look for lip gloss in your purse and you almost Color Wonder yourself.

    I'll be following...cannot wait to read more.
    Holly @ 504 Main

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Love this one "#2 You convince yourself that “third day” hair looks freshly washed if it’s in a ponytail." Not that I have ever done that. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read about your blog on twittermoms. I'm following on twitter (CouponClippin) and your blog! This is so me. The other day I got out of the shower and realized that I forget to actually wash...needless to say I jumped back in.

    Come check me out: http://www.couponclippinmommy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are hysterical!! You could make a book out of this stuff! I see myself in every single one of those...there have been days where I've left the house with mascara only one eye because I didn't have enough time to finish doing my makeup...I glance at myself in the rearview mirror as I'm backing out of the driveway and notice one eye is bare and I'm like, "oh well, who cares"!

    I'm so glad you found my blog because it led me to yours! And thank you for the follow...I'm following you now as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. O my gosh! This is (or has been) me all over!! I love it!

    I knew I was in trouble when I started every sentence "I was thinking while I was in the shower...." Because it was the only *mostly* un-interrupted time I had to think!

    And I thought I was the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. been there, done that. I can't tell you the number of times I have to go back into the house to grab the millions of things I have forgotten. If I had more than one child I am sure at one time or another it would of been the baby!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Think Social Media is Just a Fad? Think Again!

My Family Having Fun