pages

Carving Out Time In My Day Week 1

Many of us want to change our life this year. I happen to be one of them. Some of you may want to start a business, get in shape, learn something new and challenging, change some habits, or simply have more time. I want to carve out more time to dedicate to my rapidly growing home business. As a Work At Home Mom, I am a busy person. Trying to work around toddlers, preschoolers, and school aged kids all day leaves little time for a clear thought let alone quality time to dedicate to a business. But I am determined to organize my business and my life well. I don’t want to squander my success, but I refuse to let my kids become neglected in the midst of it. My family and my faith are priority number one. Financing my children’s private Christian education, and the goal of setting my family free from the bonds of a 9-5 job are some of my compelling reasons to kill ineffective time in my life.

Life is so hectic for most of us moms that we forget that just wanting a change isn’t good enough. We need to have a plan. It’s a New Year and time to start over again. Right now, here at the beginning, we can choose what we want to accomplish and then choose to do what it takes to make it a reality in our life. The other option is to choose to do nothing. I choose new goals, new dreams, and new accomplishments for 2010. You have the choice. It’s that simple.

So how can we make it happen? One thing that we all have in common is the need for more time in our day. But how do we squeeze out more time in the same 24 hours? I am going to start by using a schedule. For the first week, I will write down everything I do and how much time it takes me to do it. On week two, I will have a pretty good idea of how much time I really spend wisely and how much time I waste. I will edit the waste, keeping in only the things that are productive and help me accomplish my goals and dreams this year. I will then use that to create for myself a real time schedule of activities. At the beginning of each week I will set my weekly goals, then schedule in the time each day to work on the completion of those goals. Hopefully some of it will become automatic after the first month. I will post a new blog each week about my progress to show you what really worked and what really didn’t.

For my purpose I am categorizing many of my activities into three categories: Spiritual, Family, and Business. I am doing this to see how much time I spend on each of these core categories in my daily life. This will enable me to adjust in areas where I am spending too much or too little time.

Together we can accomplish whatever we choose is important enough. Join me in making 2010 the year of success, organization, and realized goals and dreams.

If any of you have some great ideas for time saving tips, I welcome your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Think Social Media is Just a Fad? Think Again!

My Family Having Fun